Inventing Aviation main page
The purpose of this site is to analyze data about the processes leading to the invention of the airplane and the start of the airplane industry. We keep pages on each of many items related to those technologies and the early industry and the people who made it happen. We keep some items that turn out not to be related, in order to make clear why they are left out of some analyses. We aim for complete coverage of these items up to 1916, and a few thereafter.
Most of the pages have a row of structured (table) data on them, and explanatory text.
Here are some of the tables and lists on this site:
- 14,621 Patents related to aeronautics and aviation: Wiki pages available as Structured data
- 1,970 Technology/patent categories: Wiki pages, Structured data
- 14,046 Publications about aeronautics and aviation back then or histories of that time -- Wiki pages, Structured data
- 374 Companies: Wiki pages, Structured data
- 913 Not-for-profit organizations -- clubs, research groups, government labs: Wiki pages, Structured data
- 131 Exhibitions, conferences, and prizes: Wiki pages, Structured data
- 630 Aero inventors, patentees, and authors -- Structured data
- 680 Letters and telegrams between aero experimenters -- Structured data