Aero Club of Béarn
Béarn was at the time of early aviation a small frontier province in the south of France, whose capital was Pau. It is now within the department of Basses-Pyrenees). The club published statutes, regulations, and list of members in 1908. It appears to be separate from the Aéro-Club de Sud-Ouest, Pau section.
In 1910 there were 215 members. Officers, 1910, included: president Paul Tissandier; vice presidents Speakmann and De Tuite; secretary Henri Sallenave; and treasurer Cougiet. Louis Blériot was a member. Earlier in 1910, G. Gass, Colombes, Baillat, and Pontoise appear to have been vice presidents and A. Marchand was secretary. The club affiliated with the AeCF in 1910 or earlier.
Locations: Marie de Pau, Pau (1910)
- 1909 Motor Cyclopaedia YB 110 Misc.
- 1910 Annuario dell' Aeronautica Primo 374 (Sept. 1910)
- 1910-1911 Jane's All the World's Aircraft 125 (Nov. 1910)
- 1911 Aero-Manuel 223, 440-442 (1 Oct. 1910)
- National Union Catalog Pre-1956 Imprints
- LOC OPAC
- WorldCat.org and WorldCat-OCLC
|Organization names||Aero Club of Béarn; Aero Club du Béarn; Aéro-Club du Béarn|
|City||Pau, Bearn, Basses Pyrenees|
|Started aero||1908 or earlier|