Aero Club of Burton-on-Trent
An aero club was formed at Burton-on-Trent ca. September 1908. The club initiated a competition of unmanned gas balloons on 18 Sept. 1908 and planned to hold periodic races with India rubber balloons of special construction.
The club had over 50 members as of 18 Sept. 1908. At the competition that day each balloon was inflated with 10 cu. ft. of coal gas and attached to it was a postcard in three languages. Finders were asked to fill in the place and date were balloon was found and mail the card back to club, which intended to offer prizes for best distance records.
- 1908 Manchester Guardian 19 Sept.
|Organization names||Aero Club of Burton-on-Trent|