Aero Club of Connecticut
The Aero Club of Connecticut was organized in New Haven on 28 Dec. 1910. It held its first annual banquet 20 Apr. 1911 and its second, 11 Jan. 1912. Published articles of incorporation and list of members, and rules for pilots' licenses, 1911. An aviation meet was held in May 1911 at Nutmeg Park, Bridgeport, with arrangements by the Bridgeport Board of Trade, the Business Men's Association, and the Automobile Club.
Officers elected in 1910 included A. Holland Forbes, president; W. C. Beers, Anton Ferrell, and Clarence E. Whitney, vice presidents; Gregory F. Bryon, secretary; and A. H. Day, treasurer. Hiram Percy Maxim was one of the governors and along with A. L. Ricker and E. F. Gallaudet, was named one of the consulting engineers of the club. By 1 May 1911, membership totalled 139.
Affiliated with ACA in 1911 or earlier.
- 1910 Hartford Courant, 29 Dec.; 1910 Boston Daily Globe, 29 Dec.; 1911 Aircraft 1 Feb., 1 May, and 1 June; 8 Aeronautics (NYC) 185 (1911); Dir1920; 2:11 Flying 34 (1913); 5 Flying 250 (1916); 6 Flying 498 (1917); 8 Flying 549 (1919); 9 Flying 50 (1920); ACA annuals (1911-1917, 1919); 10 Aeronautics (NYC) 72 (1912); Goodyear (1919), p. 11
|Organization names||Aero Club of Connecticut|
|City||Bridgeport, then Fairfield, then Bridgeport, Connecticut|
|Ended aero||1920 or later|
- Address: no fixed address, Bridgeport (1911); no fixed address, Fairfield (1912-1915); no fixed address, Bridgeport (1916-1919)
|Cable address=0 |Phone=0 }}