Aero Club of Cuba
The Aero Club of Cuba was formed during a week of exhibitions of Curtiss aviators in Havana, which was 28 Jan. - 7 Feb. 1911. The club's first aviation meet opened 22 Mar. 1911 at La Coronel, near Havana, and events continued through 26 March. It joined the Aero Club of America circa May 1911.
It appears that there were 35 original members. Officers in May 1911 included Regino du Repair de Trufflin, president; Dr. Ricardo Dolz, vice president; Dr. Manuel M. Coronado, secretary; Evelio Cuervo, vice secretary; Juan Arguelles, treasurer; and Dionisio Velasco, consulting engineer.
Affiliated with ACA, 1911.
- Address: 5 Ignacio, Havana (1911-1920)
- 1911 Aircraft, 1 Mar. and 1 May
- 8 Aeronautics (NYC) 185 (1911)
- 2:11 Flying 34 (1913)
- 5 Flying 250 (1916)
- 6 Flying 498 (1917)
- 8 Flying 549 (1919)
- 9 Flying 50 (1920)
- ACA annuals (1911-1917, 1919)
- Goodyear (1919), p. 11
|Organization names||Aero Club of Cuba ; Aero Club de Cuba|
|Ended aero||1920 or later|
|Key people||Regino du Repair de Trufflin, Ricardo Dolz, Dr. Manuel M. Coronado, Evelio Cuervo, Juan Arguelles, Dionisio Velasco|