Aero Club of Dayton

From Inventing aviation
Jump to: navigation, search

The Aero Club of Dayton, Ohio, was founded no later than July 1909. The club had a headquarters and newly inaugurated aviation grounds and sheds had been obtained near the city. A merger with the International Aeroplane Club of Dayton (IACD) was anticipated in the first half of 1911 and it appears that at that time the IACD was extinguished.

60 members in 1910. The association was one of the 10 to 12 founders of the American Aeronautical Federation, 22 June 1910. Exhibited at the local automobile show, February 1911. The Aero Club of Dayton was invited to enter a balloon in the August 1910 Harvard-Boston meet.

Affiliated with: ACA, 1910 or earlier

Sources

  • 1910 NYT 3 & 23-25 June; 5 Aeronautics (NYC) 12 (1909); 1910 Boston Daily Globe, 13, 14, & 16 Aug.; 8 Aeronautics (NYC) 110 (1911); ACA annuals (1910-1915); 2:11 Flying 34 (1913); 5 Flying 250 (1916); 6 Flying 498 (1917); 8 Flying 549 (1919); 9 Flying 50 (1920)
  • Goodyear (1919), p. 11
  • 1920 Dir.
Organization names Aero Club of Dayton
Entity type
Country US
City Dayton, Ohio
Affiliated with ACA
Scope Local
Started aero 1909 or earlier
Ended aero 1920 or later
Keywords
Key people
Qid
  • Address: no fixed address (1909-1919)

|Cable address=0 |Phone=0 }}