Aero Club of Nice
The Aero Club de Nice appears to have begun no later than 1907 as the Section Aeronautique of the Automobile Club de Nice. The founding as a separate organization, the Aero Club de Nice, was 26 Jan 1908. Its official journal, apparently until 1924, was the Automobile-Revue du Littoral, the official journal of the Automobile Club and the Aero Club de Nice. In 1924, appears to have become the Aero-Club de Nice et de la Cote d'Azur and its activities were covered by the periodical L'Auto-Moto Sports de la Cote d'Azur, which ran until 1933.
It seems likely that the Aero Club was involved in the Grand Meeting d'Aviation de Nice held 10-25 Apr. 1910 by the City and the Committee on Aviation of Nice and the Aero Club de France. Some 320 members, 1910. Officers, 1910, included: Jules Fernandez, president; Ferdinand Crossa and Eugene de Millo, vice presidents; Andre Durandy, treasurer; and Charles Kraft, secretary. G. Delbruck appears to have preceded Kraft as secretary in 1910.
Affiliated with AeCF in 1908 or earlier.
- Started aero: 1907 or earlier
- Ended aero: 1924 or later
- Address: 7 Promenade des Anglais, Nice (at least 1907-1910)
- 1:5 Aeronautics (NYC) 44 (1907)
- 1:6 (US) Aeronautics 37 (1907)
- 2:3 (US) Aeronautics 37 (1908)
- 1910 Annuario dell' Aeronautica Primo 374 (Sept. 1910)
- 1910-1911 Jane's All the World's Aircraft 125 (Nov. 1910)
- 1911 Aero-Manuel 223, 469-472 (1 Oct. 1910)
- WorldCat.org and WorldCat-OCLC
|Organization names||Aero Club of Nice ; Aero Club de Nice|
|Key people||Jules Fernandez, Ferdinand Crossa, Eugene de Millo, Andre Durandy, Charles Kraft, G. Delbruck|