Alfred Chiodera was an Italian-Swiss architect and aero inventor.
Chiodera was born and raised in Milan, then studied at the polytechnical school in Stuttgart (1868–1872). He began working in Zurich in 1875 and worked in a longtime partnership with Theophil Tschudy.
- Patent CH-1902-27895 (English title: Dirigible airship)
- Patent FR-1903-328234 (English title: Dirigible, Supplementary to patent: Patent CH-1902-27895)
- Patent FR-1903-325343 (English title: device for the maintenance of gas at an invariable pressure for aerostats)
- Patent US-1906-809093 (English title: Navigable balloon, Supplementary to patent: Patent CH-1902-27895)
- Claudia Fischer-Karrer, "Chiodera, Alfred", Dictionnaire historique de la Suisse, 15 July 2005.
- Catalogue suisse de l'Exposition universelle internationale de Paris de 1878, p. 52.
|Birth date||April 25, 1850|
|Death date||November 18, 1916|
|Countries||CH, DE, IT|
|Locations||Milan; Stuttgart; Zurich|
|Tech areas||LTA, frame|