Hansa und Brandenburgische Flugzeugwerke GmbH

From Inventing aviation
Jump to: navigation, search

Camilio Castiglioni, primary owner; Igo Etrich, designer and, perhaps, a minority owner; Karl Caspar, perhaps a minority owner; Ernst Heinkel, chief designer.

Company formed by merger of Brandenburgische Flugzeugwerke and Hansa Flugzeugwerke, July 1914. Produced 2-seat biplanes, armed and fighter flying boats, reconnaissance aircraft (also made by Phonix Flugzeugwerke and Ufag in Austria), torpedo-bomber seaplanes and other seaplanes. In 1916, Hamburg-Fuhlsbuttel factory was separated (it became Hanseatische Flugzeugwerke Karl Caspar AG). Firm closed 1919.

A.G. form of firm listed in Dir 1920, p28, at Brandenburg a.H., with flying ground at Briest.

Sources

Names Hansa und Brandenburgische Flugzeugwerke GmbH (Hansa-Brandenburg), later, Hansa und Brandenburgische Flugzeugwerke A.G. (Hansa-Brandenburg)
Country Germany
City new factory at Brandenburg am Havel; flying ground at Briest; plus, until 1916, former Hansa Flugzeugwerke at Hamburg-Fuhlsbuttel.
Affiliations
Keywords
Started aero 1914
Ended aero 1919
Key people Camilio Castiglioni, Igo Etrich, Karl Caspar, Ernst Heinkel