Inventing Aviation main page
From Inventing aviation
The purpose of this site is to analyze data about the processes leading to the invention of the airplane and the start of the airplane industry.
Here are some of the lists in this wiki site:
- Patents, mostly related to aeronautics and aviation -- 13,974 so far
- Organizations related to early aeronautics -- clubs and firms, mainly, also some research groups, government labs, and factories -- 1,189 so far
- Exhibitions, conferences, and prizes related to early aviation (110 of these)
- Aero inventors and patentees (around 411 of these)
- Letters between aero experimenters up to 1916, and related letters, telegrams and so forth -- 646 of these so far
- Technologies related to aeronautics and aviation including patent categories -- 1,859 of these so far
- The Drilldown browsing interface is always available in the column at left
Work in progress
- To create a firm or club page with the right template click here: Form:Organization
- To create a patent page, click here: Form:Patent and name it with a short country abbreviation, then a dash, then the filing year, then a dash, then the patent number or code
- See Chart experiments for an experimental chart by year.