Joseph Hofmann was an aero inventor in Berlin, often recorded it seems as J. Hofmann who is probably the same person.
However there is a gap between the british patents and the german and US ones in time so maybe it's two different people. To do: figure it out!
- Patents whose inventor or applicant is Joseph Hofmann or J. Hofmann
- Patent CH-1894-8470 (English title: Flying machine)
- Patent US-1906-827017 (English title: Wing of flying machines)
- Patent GB-1894-11941 (English title: Propelling and regulating)
- Patent GB-1894-7919
- Patent GB-1895-22011 (English title: Aerial Machines)
- Patent DE-1902-141656 (English title: screw propeller)
- Patent DE-1905-175477 (English title: Improvement of screw propellers according to patent No. 141656, Supplementary to patent: Patent DE-1902-141656)
- Patent DE-1907-191433 (English title: Vorrichtung zum Abfliegen von Drachenfliegern)