In 1910, Frederick Kuhnert and a friend bought a 20-acre plot of land to use as an airfield and established Kuhnert Aerodrome, which hosted weekly air demonstrations.
Kuhnert built aeroplane that could hold 14 passengers; called Kuhnert's Ferryboat, it was destroyed in 1912 by a tornado before it flew.
The land that had been Kuhnert Aerodrome was acquired around late 1916 from its then owner by Wittemann-Lewis Aircraft Co.
Location: present-day Teterboro Airport, Bergen County, NJ
|City||Bergen County, NJ|
|Key people||Frederick Kuhnert|