Inventing Aviation main page
We're updating a new version of this site at http://econterms.net/aero
We're not updating this one any more.
The purpose of this site is to analyze data about the processes leading to the invention of the airplane and the start of the airplane industry. We keep pages on each of many items related to those technologies and the early industry and the people who made it happen. We keep some items that turn out not to be related, in order to make clear why they are left out of some analyses. We aim for complete coverage of these items up to 1916, and a few thereafter.
Most of the pages have a row of structured (table) data on them, and explanatory text.
Here are some of the tables and lists on this site:
- 14,826 Patents related to aeronautics and aviation: Wiki pages available as Structured data
- 2,033 Technology/patent categories: Wiki pages, Structured data
- 22,567 Publications about aeronautics and aviation back then or histories of that time -- Wiki pages, Structured data
- 379 Companies: Wiki pages, Structured data
- 911 Not-for-profit organizations -- clubs, research groups, government labs: Wiki pages, Structured data
- 132 Exhibitions, conferences, and prizes: Wiki pages, Structured data
- 696 Aero inventors, patentees, and authors -- Structured data
- 681 Letters and telegrams between aero experimenters -- Structured data
Work in progress
- Recent presentation
- Underway: Quick tour
- See Chart experiments for an experimental chart by year.
- About this site